Hi All,

Wendy Kent, whose house the Chukar is located at, said that it is
still there this morning, and that she doesn't mind anyone coming to
see it.  I would ask people to respect the neighbors there and to stay
in the street.  It was very visible in the lawns of the houses when I
saw him there yesterday.

If you are coming from Burlington on rt. fifteen, come into Jericho
past Joe's Snack Bar and the curve (staying on 15) go up the hill and
you will pass the post office, J. Elementary School, and a big horse
farm.  About 1/2 mile more or less past that is a street called
Raceway on the left.  It is right before the Merchants Bank.  Turn
left there and follow the road for about a mile, or less, and then
turn left up into a development with a big brown colonial on the
corner.  The road goes up a fairly steep hill.  At the top, curve to
the right, and then a few hundred feet later, curve to the left, still
going up hill.  The Kent's house is about six or seven houses up on
the right.  It is a yellow colonial with a flag pole, and is directly
across from a street going to the left.  She said the bird is still
hanging out in her yard and in the yard of the people in the house to
the right of hers.  Again, please stay off people's property unless
invited on. The name of the neighborhood is called "The Foothills" in
case you have to ask anyone.

I realize, and realized then, that this is probably an escapee from
somewhere, but it really is so pretty and fun to see.  I guess they
can survive in our area during the winter.  Who knows how this bird
found a suburban neighborhood to hang out in for awhile?  Happy
Birding! Evergreen on Old Pump Rd. in Jericho