Hi, all,
As we continue our annual tally here (up to 48 species) we notice a
glaring omission for this time of year.  Our bluebirds have not
returned.  We have had at least one nesting pair ever since we moved
here in 1993, sharing (grudgingly) our 12 boxes with the tree
sparrows.  The Trees have been back for weeks, but no sign of the
bluebirds.  Anyone else notice a reduction?

Also, we put up a very fine (and expensive!) martin condo many years
ago, still with no takers.  I know it's a stretch to expect them
here, but the Martin Society assured us that they were in the
Northeast Kingdom.  Can you all tell me where you have them?  Thanks.

Rose-breasted grosbeaks and a hummer arrived yesterday.  Thrashers
and field sparrows giving wondrous daily concerts.  It ain't all bad
here!
Janet Watton
Randolph Center