I walked in the Charlotte Park and Wildlife Refuge early this morning
(starting out wearing layers and long underwear and ending up
roasting) and had - as I've come to expect at this lovely spot - a
great time birding. The full list follows.

Most of the birds weren't surprising, but I was delighted by my first
Vermont sighting of a prairie warbler. I heard and saw it briefly on
my way out on the trails and then got a good look at it coming back.
It was in back of the bench at Station 6 on the nature trail.

One catbird was a true virtuoso. As I watched, he "did" blue jay,
cardinal, chickadee and hermit thrush. I had been attracted to the
bird because I thought it was a hermit thrush at first, but the sound
was just a bit more brash and a bit less mellow than it should be.

Maeve Kim
Jericho Center

Warblers
common yellowthroat