Several days ago my neighbor drew my attention to a bird song that she
didn't recognize.  For the last couple of mornings I have been out in the
woods trying to spot the songster and yesterday I got a pretty good look.
This bird is a canopy lover and therefor difficult to see now that the
leaves are out.  Yesterday was a bit overcast and I had more time.  I first
found him sitting on a branch and could see him vocalizing. Orange was the
color I saw as he flew and he was Oriole size BUT the song sounds nothing
like any oriole I have ever heard.  Also odd that this is in dense woods.
Too large to be a Blackburnian and the song is all wrong.

So my question is ...... I would like to record the song.  What should I buy
to record that is decent but doesn't cost the world ??

Thanks,
Mundi
Pownal

Mundi Smithers