Sorry for the delay in responding...

We found the bird by heading north into Dead Creek from the
Mississquoi river, approximately a mile up the creek, on the left. (Dead
Creek is near the eastern edge of Mississquoi National Wildlife Refuge)
It was near the water in an area of large trees with little undergrowth.

It looked exactly like the representation in my Peterson guide. Small,
light-brown backed, no wing bars or other markings on top, whitish
underneath, no streaks or other markings. We did note the eyebrow
stripe, but here I wish I'd had working binoculars.  It was walking
slowly
along around the tree, picking at things on the ground.  It seemed not
to notice us as we drifted silently closer in the canoe.

David Gusakov