In case you're interested:  Chukars are raised and released by people who train dogs for bird hunting,.  So the birds you see might not represent established populations.  (That's important to some listers and not others.)  They're still pretty cool looking birds!

  Bruce Parfitt
  Johnson, VT

Evergreen Erb <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  A friend of mine here in Jericho called me a few hours ago to report a
Chukar had been hanging out between her house and a neighbors, in a
suburban neighborhood. I went up and saw it....what a gorgeous bird.
I saw Gray Partridge in northern Vermont near Lake Champlain many
years ago, but this was definitely a first for me. If you are
interested in taking a look ( who knows how long it will hang around),
email me off list and I will give you directions there. Evergreen in
Jericho