Quoting David Gusakov <[log in to unmask]>:

> Canoeing with my son in Mississquoi Wildlife Refuge a few days ago,
> we both thought the little bird walking along the ground near the water
> was a swainson's warbler.  Though we had no binocs (they had gotten
> wet earlier in our trip), we drifted quite close and had an extended look.
>
> Does anyone know of sightings of this bird this far north?

Extremely rare north of its northern-most breeding sites in Delaware,
Virginia, West Virginia.  There are individual records of vagrants
from southeastern New York, coastal Nova Scotia, and one recent record
from the central valley of California.  Probably others I didn't have
time to look up.  So vagrancy definitely occurs, and it's skulking
nature means it is probably overlooked.  Even so, it's presence in
Vermont would be astonishing.  Can you provide a detailed description?
  Also an approximate location in case others want to paddle out and
look for it?  Thanks for posting it,

Scott Morrical
South Burlington