From: Medical Libraries Discussion List [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Campbell, Annette [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: May 7, 2008 12:09 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Need leadership quotes - those who made famously poor statements

This is an unusual request but I need quotes from people who made negative or inaccurate statements regarding something now well known.  I know that is an odd request but I have given examples below.  It is for a leadership seminar:

Here are some examples:
"The concept is interesting and well-formed, but in order to earn better than a C, the idea must be feasible"
                            -Yale University business professor on Fred Smith's senior thesis, which eventually became FedEx (1966)
"Sensible and responsible women do not want to vote"
                            -Grover Cleveland (1905)
"Who the hell wants to hear actors talk?"
                            -Harry Warner, Warner Brothers Pictures (1927)
"The Internet will catastrophically collapse in 1996"
                            -Robert Metcalfe, 3Com founder, coinvented the Ethernet (1995)

I know that there are more quotes like these out there but I can't seem to find many.  I know there is one out there about Marilyn Monroe being a bad actress or something like that and there must be more along those lines but I am not finding them.

Can anyone help?

Please reply directly to me.

Thanks.

Annette

Annette Campbell, MLIS
Medical Librarian /CME Coordinator

NCH Healthcare System
P.O. Box 413029
Naples, FL 34101
Phone:  239-436-5383 Library
Phone:  239-436-5007 CME Office
Fax:  239-436-5058
Beeper:  239-279-8945

Visit our website at http://www.nchmd.org

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This email and any files transmitted with it are from the NCH Healthcare System.
This message is confidential and is intended only for the addressee. If you are
not the intended recipient or have received this email in error, please call us
immediately at (239) 436-5000 and ask to speak to the message sender or promptly
email the message sender of the delivery error and then delete the message.
Thank you.

This message and any attached documents are only for the use of the intended recipient(s), are confidential and may contain privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, retransmission, or other disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately, and then delete the original message. Thank you.