Dear List Members

As I understand it, the Isodat software does not include m/z30 in its
calculation of del15N/14N and thus this step has to be done off-line. Using
the the peak areas from Isodat and the equation del =
[(Rsample/Rstandard)-1]*1000, I get a value of 63 per mil for air. I feel
I'm making a simple mistake somewhere, but can't think where. Can someone
please point me in the right direction?

Also, I've just started measuring CO2 on a Trace GC Ultra with a 25m
Poraplot Q column. The samples are headspace gas from sediment core
incubations. The GC method I'm using is isothermal (35C). There are two
peaks, the first of which is all m/z46 and tends to be non-Gaussian, the CO2
peak elutes second at about 150s. Would the first peak be NO2? Why would the
peak shape be so poor?
Thanks in advance for the help!

Melissa..

************************************