Toti,

Living in NM you will get exstatic, sorry: static, meaning - charged,
every time you sit on a lab chair and then stand up.

It sounds like KSL trying to squeeze a buck (or five thousand seventy
nine) out of you. Do not worry about SEM, unless you are working on a high
input resistance op-amp. Then you might want to do it on a conductive
grounded surface. Wet hands help. You need to be more nervous. Think
global warming.

EMP, however, is a different issue. It is usually accompanied by a bright
light and a loud bang. Then you go "bugger" and so goes your lab. Again,
NM specialty, I should say. Feel free to worry about it, and no, waxing or
not-waxig the floor (or anything else for this matter) will not help.

Yours,