HI Jason--

We see the same results as Tim with Thermo's standard design. To swap
crucible--cool reactor and use the supplied tool. IF you have Costech's
ZeroBlank autosampler, you can pull out the carousel tray to get the
crucible out without removing the zero-blank autosampler (not sure about
other designs)--but you'll have to straighten out the hand hold to have
enough length.

If you're going to do liquids at all via injections, we've had better
luck with the He from bottom design, reference below. You can use the
same set up for solids, using a glassy C tube without the cap on top.
However those tubes have a large ID, so you'll need to make your own
larger crucibles--else the sample tend to miss the crucible and fall
down the sides. They can hold a few more capsules--depending on how you
make it. And keep a graphite funnel on top of the glassy C tube (again,
it's a make your own).

take care

gerry

RAPID COMMUNICATIONS IN MASS SPECTROMETRY
Rapid Commun. Mass Spectrom. 2004; 18: 26502660
Published online in Wiley InterScience (www.interscience.wiley.com).
DOI: 10.1002/rcm.1672
Continuous flow 2H/1H and 18O/16O analysis of water
samples with dual inlet precision
M. Gehre1, H. Geilmann2, J. Richter2, R. A. Werner2{ and W. A. Brand2*
1
Umweltforschungszentrum Leipzig-Halle GmbH (UFZ), Per moserstrasse 15,
04318 Leipzig, Germany
2
Max-Planck-Institut fu ? r Biogeochemie, Postfach 10 01 64, D-07701
Jena, Germany
Received 14 June 2004; Revised 9 September 2004; Accepted 9 September 2004