Manager's perspective - and you should ask Secretary Markowitz about this as well - but if the Town Clerk and Town Treasurer are voted an annual stipend by the Town Meeting, either by article or by line item in a budget, the Town Meeting has set their annual stipend by vote.  I have always paid both the Town Clerk and the Town Treasurer 1/52nd of the total stipend each week, regardless.