The Village of Enosburg Falls does not accept property tax payments based on postmarks. We have to have them in hand by close of business on the due date (for us, 4:00PM).  We state this on the bill.  We were told by our attorney that having a due "time" before midnight on the due date requires that the voters accept that time, so we warned that practice at town meeting and it was approved.

The Village has had a drop box in our door for years for overnight payments with no problems. We do tell citizens (with a posting on the door) that they leave payments, especially cash payments, at their own risk.

-Suzanne