  -----Original Message-----
  From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Marianne A. Blake
  Sent: Monday, June 16, 2008 3:05 PM
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Subject: Re: Postage

  It seems to me that stamps would be very cumbersome.  You'd need a scale
to weigh the pieces, then a broad range of stamps to cover the heavier stuff
that's not 42 cents.  And doesn't the post office have some sort of rule
that packages over a certain size or weight have to be taken to the postal
window if they have stamps instead of a metered mark? (an anti-terrorist
measure).  My 2 cents: I'd stick with the meter.
  Marianne inWindsor

  In a message dated 6/16/2008 2:46:22 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,