I confess that I view requests to fill out surveys in pretty much the same way I view black flies: they can be annoying, tend to come in clusters, and often seem without purpose.
Having said that, this month you will be receiving questionnaires from the Vermont Historical Society aimed at developing a picture of the conservation/preservation needs of your records. The survey is funded through an Institute of Museum and Library Services, with the State Archives and other organizations are serving as project advisors.
The goal is to provide a comprehensive overview of the current condition of important Vermont records. This could be a tool for identifying and seeking additional resources for records care.
Two interns, Emily Voss ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) and Laura Brill ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>), will be working out of the VHS this summer (802 479-8520) helping with the survey and collating the results, which will be shared with you.  I urge you to take the time to fill out the survey form or to contact Emily or Laura if you have questions.

Gregory Sanford
Vermont State Archives
(802) 828-2369