From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Marianne A. Blake
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2008 3:05 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Postage

It seems to me that stamps would be very cumbersome.  You'd need a scale to weigh the pieces, then a broad range of stamps to cover the heavier stuff that's not 42 cents.  And doesn't the post office have some sort of rule that packages over a certain size or weight have to be taken to the postal window if they have stamps instead of a metered mark? (an anti-terrorist measure).  My 2 cents: I'd stick with the meter.
Marianne inWindsor