as treasurer, I use the USPS prestamped, addressed window envelopes for more than 90% of my mail going out.  truly saves time/energy/etc.  miki townshend
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Town of Roxbury
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2008 8:31 AM
Subject: Re: Postage

Here is a reply from a small town.  We use stamps and would not even consider a machine due to the cost.  We purchase stamped-window envelopes with the return address printed on them from the US Postal Service.  A box cost $235.00 for 500 envelopes.  We only use those for tax bills and delinquent notices otherwise we use stamps.  We do not have electric or water bills.

Tammy

Town of Roxbury