  From: Bobbi Brimblecombe
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2008 3:32 PM
  Subject: Re: Postmarked tax payments

  Marshfield accepts "hand-cancelled" postmarks only, so it is up to the taxpayer to make sure there is a legible postmark.

  We have a drop slot on the outside of our building.  The box is in our office.  We did have one taxpayer who insisted that he put his payment in the box but we never received it.  We now have a sign outside telling people they have to call us to make sure the payment was received.  Our taxpayers appreciate being able to drop off payments after hours.

  -Bobbi