The Middlebury Town Clerk's Office will be changing hours of operation
for the summer. This is a test program to see how the change effects
service to our residents and addresses issues of lowering energy use. We
are currently open Mon - Fri 8:30am to 4:30pm. We will be closed Fri
July 4th for the Holiday. New hours will begin on Monday July 7th and
continue at least through August 29th 2008.

Middlebury Town Clerk New Hours of Operation Starting July 7th, 2008
Will Be:      MONDAY THROUGH THURSDAY 7:30AM TO 5:30PM

This change does not affect other Municipal Offices. A benefit we are
hoping to achieve is better service to those individuals who would like
our office either open earlier in the morning or later in the afternoon.
We will ultimately be open the same number of hours during the week so
we will be evaluating how we use energy for copiers, computers, cooling
(summer), lighting, etc.

My two assistants currently drive in to work and home 5 days per week.
Using calculations of their mileage, miles per gallon, and a gas price
of $4 would save them a combined estimated total of $700 per year by
reducing their travel by one day per week. This is a great benefit to
employees as they save money, wear and tear on their vehicles and get a
longer weekend. It is good for the environment because it reduces
traffic on the roads and cuts down carbon emissions.

If you are a member of the Clergy, a Justice of the Peace, or other
Officiant who performs Marriages and Civil Unions please advise the
couple you are working with that the Middlebury Town Clerk's Office is
not available to issue their license on a Friday. For couples from
out-of-state they may obtain a license from any Town Clerk who is open
on Fridays. Another piece of information regarding Marriages and Civil
Unions is that the Legislature has just raised the fee for a license
from $23 to $45 as of July 1st, 2008.

If you have any questions regarding these changes do not hesitate to
call me at 388-8100 X211 or email me at [log in to unmask]

Ann F Webster

Middlebury Town Clerk

94 Main Street

Middlebury VT 05753