Greetings List,

Is there interest in creating a forum on VTcite.org,
http://vtcite.org/forum, for topics that support integrating/migrating-to
open source software in our schools? Opportunities to use open source exist
in all areas where information technology is used; to support curriculum, to
support computer networks and infrastructure, as well as to support
administrative functions in our schools. The School-IT listserv is
invaluable for reaching many quickly. An open source forum would have a
tighter focus. I'm tapping into the collective mind to ask your thoughts..
would a forum provide an effective way to share knowledge and resources,
and, is VTcite the appropriate venue?

As stated on its website, "VTcite provides resources and topics of
discussion for educators interested in integrating technology into the
curriculum". Uses for open source software include, but also extend beyond
the boundaries of, curriculum. I'd love to see VTcite continue to grow as a
vibrant online community for education/educators in Vermont and hope this
topic finds a home there.

Susan Briere
RNESU