Hi Susan  (and all) --  All you need to do to request a forum is to
log in to Vtcite.org and click on the Request a Forum/Feedback link.
In the comment box, just write a brief description of what the forum
is for, etc.    I think this is a great topic for a forum.  The only
request we would have is that the person who submits the request,
initiate the discussion by posting a topic,  When a thread slows down
on its own accord, try to add new thoughts or posts to keep the forum
alive.  Given the topic, however, I would think that it would be a
very useful forum for everyone.

Best, Sandy

> Is there interest in creating a forum on VTcite.org, http://
> vtcite.org/forum, for topics that support integrating/migrating-to
> open source software in our schools? Opportunities to use open
> source exist in all areas where information technology is used; to
> support curriculum, to support computer networks and
> infrastructure, as well as to support administrative functions in
> our schools. The School-IT listserv is invaluable for reaching many
> quickly. An open source forum would have a tighter focus. I'm
> tapping into the collective mind to ask your thoughts.. would a
> forum provide an effective way to share knowledge and resources,
> and, is VTcite the appropriate venue?
>
> As stated on its website, "VTcite provides resources and topics of
> discussion for educators interested in integrating technology into
> the curriculum". Uses for open source software include, but also
> extend beyond the boundaries of, curriculum. I'd love to see VTcite
> continue to grow as a vibrant online community for education/
> educators in Vermont and hope this topic finds a home there.
>
> Susan Briere
> RNESU

==

Sandra A. Lathem, M.Ed.