Rick,

I think you are talking about a load balancer. Check
http://www.peplink.com/
It is viable but do not confuse bandwidth with throughput. It sounds like
you have a T1 line now. Adding a dsl or cable connection will give you some
relief but a 6 mg cable connection is not the same as 4 T1's. In Rutland
Comcast offers a free line to schools, you might check with your cable
company down there. We found a T and 2 cable lines to be a relief but it
looks like we need a 2nd T to really accommodate the growing appetite for
internet content. As a side note the peplink setup provides us with fail
over as well so if the T goes down the beat goes on!

Jayson

--
Kind Regards,
Jayson Casavant