We had a situation where we had to replace a dead projector and our standard
model would not create a small enough image. (we didn't have the luxury of
moving a preinstalled mount)

In looking for a replacement I found a good tool here;

http://www.projectorcentral.com/projectors.cfm

You can plug in some numbers and should be able to get a range of available
models to fulfill your needs.

Note: Click on the "Setup" link next to "Throw Distance" for detailed
disclaimer and info.

Dennis