From school our users just access SpedDoc using FMPro.  We have fiber
between all of the school buildings so there is no need to do remote
desktop.  FM pro is installed on the workstation.
From home, our users create a VPN session which gets them into our
network.  Then they launch RemoteDesktop and point it to a terminal
server.  Once on the terminal server, they have access to SpedDoc.  Since
the data is flowing between the terminal server and the FM server over our
internal network and not back and forth through the VPN, it works fine.

Not the most direct way; however, it seems to work with no hitches (at
least to my knowledge!)

SpecDoc is published via FM Server on a W2003 server, TerminalServer is W2K

Fred Wadlington, Systems Administrator
Milton Town School District
(802) 893-3210 x1114

School Information Technology Discussion <[log in to unmask]> on