Hi Susan  (and all) --  All you need to do to request a forum is to log in to Vtcite.org and click on the Request a Forum/Feedback link.  In the comment box, just write a brief description of what the forum is for, etc.    I think this is a great topic for a forum.  The only request we would have is that the person who submits the request, initiate the discussion by posting a topic,  When a thread slows down on its own accord, try to add new thoughts or posts to keep the forum alive.  Given the topic, however, I would think that it would be a very useful forum for everyone.

Best, Sandy

Is there interest in creating a forum on VTcite.org, http://vtcite.org/forum, for topics that support integrating/migrating-to open source software in our schools? Opportunities to use open source exist in all areas where information technology is used; to support curriculum, to support computer networks and infrastructure, as well as to support administrative functions in our schools. The School-IT listserv is invaluable for reaching many quickly. An open source forum would have a tighter focus. I'm tapping into the collective mind to ask your thoughts.. would a forum provide an effective way to share knowledge and resources, and, is VTcite the appropriate venue?

As stated on its website, "VTcite provides resources and topics of discussion for educators interested in integrating technology into the curriculum". Uses for open source software include, but also extend beyond the boundaries of, curriculum. I'd love to see VTcite continue to grow as a vibrant online community for education/educators in Vermont and hope this topic finds a home there.

Susan Briere
RNESU

==

Sandra A. Lathem, M.Ed.