HI,

We installed filemaker client and speddoc stuff on each user’s computer, and filemaker server on a winServer2003. I get a few complaints about connection speed, not many.

Are all your users using remote desktop? How fast is the server itself? Ours= Xeon 2.4 dual processor, 2Gb RAM

We don’t access it from outside our network.

Access from client to server is full duplex 100 Ethernet over CAT5, and Ethernet over fiber between schools.

Clients’ connection is set to time out. Backup of data runs at 10PM, no one can be logged on.

I don’t know that anyone has been dropped.

David Isham
Network
Administrator
Grand Isle Supervisory Union