We use FileMaker Server on a dedicated server.  It hosts more files than just SpedDocs and works well.

Tommy Walz
Technology Coordinator
Barre Supervisory Union

>>> Robert Gervais <[log in to unmask]> 6/11/2008 12:15 PM >>>
Hi folk,  as we wind down the school year I'm getting many more complaints
from special educators about their access to Speddoc; hangs when typing,
connection gets dropped.
We have a dedicated 1.5mps connection to the W2003 server hosting Speddoc
and Remote Desktop.  I'm looking for any and all suggestions about how to
make the Remote connections faster and more reliable.  What are other SU's
doing?  Is it more stable to try remote FileMaker instead of Remote
Desktop?  Any server/rd tweaks i can do?
Thanks for any advice!

Rob Gervais
Technology Coordinator
Franklin Northeast Supervisory Union