We are transitioning to VTel as our ISP.  I was a bit skeptical about their claims (entrepreneurial over-enthusiasm perhaps), but they've been giving us excellent service on a trial basis this year.   We have had (and still do) Level 3 as our main ISP, but we all know what their service has been like lately.  For the last six months, we've been sending most of our traffic over the VTel "trial" connection.   They've handled what we've thrown at them just fine.  And, for a similar price, they are offering MUCH more bandwidth than Level 3.

-Vince
--

Vincent Rossano
Information Technology Director

(802) 225-8690

>>> Rick Armitage <[log in to unmask]> 6/12/2008 8:38 AM >>>
Burr and Burton Academy is looking to find a more cost effective and higher bandwidth solution. What are others using? We currently are using Level3 and have a 1.5 megabits per month based service bursting to 10 megabits. We limit bandwidth to 6 during peak usage hours as well as lower during non peak and weekend hours. We are always at the top of the limit during the day to avoid overage charges. Are there better services with higher bandwidth out there. We have heard about taking multiple modems and combining them to provide double the bandwidth, is this a viable option? Our classes are suffering with this low bandwidth and the increasing media sizes. Any suggestions are welcome, thanks in advance. Rick Armitage Network Administrator Burr and Burton Academy