I have not yet upgraded the school x server but have on my home test machine, had some
issues with upgrading to apache 2.  Still having issues getting the wiki server to run.  I have
done extensive research and discovered that the best way to upgrade is to completely start
over.  I will be doing this with our server at Burr and Burton Academy.  I have hooked
some Tiger systems to my leopard server but it really seems to defeat the purpose since
the policy management does not completely support Tiger systems.  We integrate our Tiger
server with active directory and this is working fine.  I am not particularly interested in
redoing our x serve from scratch to leopard but my research has pointed in that direction
and I would rather be safe than sorry.  My upgrade on my test system has been okay but
with the minor glitches as expected.  The update server is backwards compatible with Tiger
which is a plus.  I am eventually going to do my test systems over with a fresh install of
Leopard server so I have full functionality.  It is really a pain to work through bugs when
you could just do a fresh install.  The new parental controls and server management tools
make Leopard a no brainer.  Apple has done it again with excellent server software.
However upgrading seems to be a mistake.  Let me know if you can how it works out.

Rick Armitage
Network Administrator
Burr and Burton Academy