Here's a new tech tool (Mixit)  and an inspiring example of how Konrad
(you may remember him from Dynamic Landscape)
 used with junior high students as they studied the dairy of Anne Frank
It moved me so much I just had to share it
http://www.teachandlearn.ca/blog/2008/06/02/avoid-school-talk-part-1/

especially the last paragraph of this post
" and, of course, the best thing about this was that there was no
rubric or evaluation sheet. Why? Because when you listen to student
soundtracks for The Diary of a Young Girl and the music works, the
music fits, you just know the students did a great job  and they do
too - not because they received a rubric with a high mark, but because
their work emerged from meaningful conversations with each other and
the teacher."

Hope you enjoy this as much as I did.

--
Lucie deLaBruere