Lauren:

Your question.. and I am sure others are interested in this too.  I am getting an education myself.

For this grant, I need to keep to the "high needs" schools.  In your case, using the "feeder method" it would need to be all 5 schools that met the criteria.  In your case, write the grant for Bristol Elementary.  There is a possibility of doing something under your Medicaid eligibility, but looking at those numbers, it is a slim possibility.

For some general guidelines:

We have been told by the Federal monitors that we need to rely on Poverty Census data and not Free and Reduced numbers.  40% seems to be the golden figure on this criteria from all the sources I have questioned.

Here is how I am going to interpret this data:

If you are a school that is ELIGIBLE for Title I School Wide Program without waiver, you are a good bet for this grant.  The number here is the 40% poverty number that sets it up.  I would put these schools in "Batch 1" of the proposals.  Batch 1 being most eligible.
Schools that are identified or in corrective action with at least two checkmarks also would qualify here.

If you are also a school needing "considerable assistance in acquiring and using technology" you are also a safe bet.  That to me translates to a school in a poor broadband access area, or is very behind in acquisition of technology. There are probably a few that fall into this category.

"Batch Two" schools for me would be proposals that have over 30% Free and Reduced lunch counts.  That would be relevant to the individual school. These would go in the second priority pile.

Please use this as a criteria.  If you want more detailed assistance at figuring out your data, David Baroudi with Title I can be helpful.  His number is 828-5156.

Thanks for the interest on the grant and I hope this helps.  I am trying to remove some of the gray areas, and you can call me if you have further questions.

Peter

Peter Drescher
Education Technology Coordinator
Vermont Department of Education