Thanks, Bill.

Have no idea about the dorsal surface, I was inside and he was
clinging to the window outside, so all I could see was his
underparts.

Tree frog would make sense, since they've been singing away in
the light woods behind my house, but that woods is a long way
away for such a small creature, across four or five acres of
planted red clover and then lawn.

Why do you suppose it would take such a long trip?

Jane