-------- Forwarded Message --------

Fridays at Fairbanks

Long summer days and cool summer programming at the Fairbanks Museum &
Planetarium mean you have many reasons to check out what's happening.
Get to know your neighbors -- including butterflies, rivers, and even
the distant stars -- this month!

To find out more about Museum summer programs, and to save your space,
please call Tara Holt at 802-748-2372 or email [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

*Upcoming Events*
Springs and Streams <#LETTER.BLOCK6>
Nature Art for Kids <#LETTER.BLOCK7>
Fridays at Fairbanks <#LETTER.BLOCK8>
Planetarium Presentations <#LETTER.BLOCK9>

*Springs and Streams*
Wednesdays, July 9 & 16 at the Museum
6:00 - 8:00 PM
Saturdays, July 12 & 19 in the field
8:00 AM - 1:00 PM

This workshop will look at the science of water, from hydrology to
biology.  Starting with the water molecule, we'll examine the way water
circulates through oceans, the atmosphere and soils. You'll come away
with a sense of how springs and aquifers operate and how streams and
rivers behave. Field sessions include visits to several local springs,
one of which is rarely visited, and two local rivers.
Fee: $85 members; $100 nonmembers

*Nature Art for Kids*
Fridays at Fairbanks July 21 - 25
 9 AM - noon

For budding naturalists and aspiring artists, ages 8 - 12, our Nature
Art Camp combines fun and wonder, leading each child to further inquiry
about the natural world. Art teacher Marci Bostic explores the edges
where art and nature meet, creating objects to treasure, or recycle.

Please call for fees and to register.

*Fridays at Fairbanks*
Fridays at Fairbanks *Family Fun!*

Fridays
10:00AM - noon

Join us each week for a new adventure! Every Friday, a Museum educator
will set off to discover the wonders of our natural world. Fun for kids
and their families.
July 11: Solar System Walk
July 18: A Better Mouse Trap
July 25: Butterfly Hunts and Haunts

Free with Museum admission.

*Planetarium Presentations*
Fridays at Fairbanks *Daily programs!*

11 AM Mon - Fri
1:30 PM every day

Take a guided tour of the galaxy in Vermont's only public planetarium.
Our programs introduce the night skies, including constellations and
stars that are prominent, the planets currently visible, the Moon, and
other astronomy information.  This month, presentations highlight:
The Mars Phoenix Mission
Make Way for the King (Jupiter)
Ancient Eyes, Ancient Skies
Black Holes: Doorways to the Unknown

1302 Main Street
St. Johnsbury, Vermont 05819
802-748-2372

Don't miss the exceptional exhibit of watercolor paintings of weather by
Helmut Siber, on view at the Northeast Kingdom Artisan's Guild in St.
Johnsbury -- opening reception July 25!

---End of Forwarded Message---