Nancy... Wow, so many adult birds tending one chick! Now that's what
I call an extended family!
It takes a flock...

Julie... Many thanks for the hummingbird on nest photo!  (I want your
zoom lens! Ha!)  I sent the photo along to my little granddaughter to
see.  She is nearly two and her daddy is a wildlife biologist.  They
recently sent us video of her encountering a Canada Warbler on a
trail.  The two of them stopped and checked each other out.  Then the
Warbler hopped all around and got a lot closer to her ~ practically
at her feet; while she stayed very still and watched intently.  I was
impressed that she knew to hold still and not frighten it.  And so
this love of birds passes to the next generation.  :-)

It is good to hear about the baby birds folks are seeing and
hearing.  There is one young chickadee here who has a slightly higher
pitch than all the other chickadees I've ever heard.  At first I
thought it was some other bird mimicking, or a youngster still
learning, but the sound has remained the same for over a
month.  Could this be a mutation of some sort?

Thanks all.  I enjoy this group, even when all the posts overwhelm me at times.
~ June in Jericho