Mid-afternoon today, I saw two and possibly three full-grown
bobcats-- the first two, what certainly appeared to be a male
following about 50 feet behind a somewhat smaller female,
strolling nonchalantly across the far edge of my two-acre
property in the open in full daylight and in full view of the
house and of me sitting on the back steps with a cup of coffee.
To say I was shocked would be an understatement.

I'm guessing this must be a mid-summer second mating in the
works, but I'd sure appreciate hearing from anybody who knows
something about bobcat behavior or could put me in touch with
someone who does.  (They looked strong and healthy and purposeful
and showed no signs of sickness or other odd behavior, so I'm not
concerned about rabies or personal safety, just baffled and
fascinated.)

I've seen bobcat tracks in the woods at the top of the ridge I
live on the side of, but my house is in otherwise fully open farm
country on all sides.

Thanks,

Jane
Shoreham