This story occurs out of Vt but it was sooooo cool. If you don't like out of area stuff or stories of successful predation HIT DELETE now.

While surveying for Odes (am I on a tangent or what) on Long Island last weekend, I was wading a mucky forest stream. Up ahead I heard a wet POP sound followed by a half dozen or so Robins taking to the air and 1 pitiful call. Rounding a bend I saw an immature Robin flapping in small (6 inch diameter) pool in the muck. There was what I thought to be a rock next to it that instead was a Snapping Turtle. The turtle's head was below water and he had the Robin in his jaws. After checking it out a bit I continued on around the next bend. Another wet POP and a weaker squawk from behind told the tale. Kevin