Hello All,

Last evening, I went to the Castleton State College visitor parking lot and
found:

2 Common Nighthawks at 9:27pm, 10:01pm & 10:26pm. They were flying in
tandem about 4 feet apart with one just ahead of the other. They also looked
completely whitish from underneath, therefore I could not make out the white
bars that are typically seen on the wings. I am wondering if these two birds
are juveniles...

This morning, I went to the West Rutland Marsh and found:

7 Virginia Rails- 3 adults(2 seen, 1 heard), 1 juvenile(about the size of an
adult) and 3 black downy chicks. I am curious to know if Virginia Rails have
two broods or if some breed later than others...
2 American Bittern
1 Green Heron
7 House Finch (4m, 1f, and 2j)
7 Cedar Waxwing