last year, when I visited Vermont, this e-group supplied me
Hello All

last year, when I visited Vermont, this e-group supplied me with lots of great birding info.

I wonder if I could not ask y'all to go have a look at the following two weblinks

http://adamwelz.wordpress.com/2008/06/27/danger-pink-flamingos-no-that-isnt-a-john-waters-film/

http://www.savetheflamingo.co.za/

and help with your signatures on an e-petition to save one of the very few breeding sites of Lesser Flamingo in Africa, and the only one in my home country, South Africa. The remarkable flamingo breeding island at Kamfers Dam, Kimberley, South Africa, was the brainchild of a friend of mine, Mark Anderson, and he's now trying to get it saved from a tide of raw sewage from a broken wastewater treatment plant and an unwisely situated housing development.

The local authorities responsible for keeping the breeding wetland clean have acted extraordinarily irresponsibly, but I'm confident that a powerful message showing that the world it watching will nudge them along to do the right thing.

Please feel free to forward this message to as many birders or birding groups as you can.

Yours in birds and birding

Adam Welz

Not happy with your email address?.