marine reactors

        Nuclear propulsion for ships is practically a dead letter, but for any who think it's worth considering, an article 'Giants Can Fade' (pdf)  with one of my most successful former students is available in the bottom section on military technology and peace studies at

http://www.phy.auckland.ac.nz/staff/prw/Publications/publications.html

        It's a 4MB PDF.
        The drawings are not the clearest in this scanned copy.
        For those interested, the model we used for aerial dispersion of the airborne reactor ejecta was based on the 'wedge' model from Frank von Hippel, Princeton.  It fitted (just) in a HP 41CV calculator.  Much obscurantism has been worked thru far bigger, more readily riggable computer models by the AEC, NRC, Science Applications Inc, A D Little Inc, etc.

RM