Michael Balter wrote:
I guess Robert is saying that the movements against GMOs and nukes should be exclusively of men, by men, and for men, and then we could be sure of the accuracy of their statements. Or did I read this wrong?

        Michael knows perfectly well that what I said did not resemble what he now "guesses".  He is deliberately misrepresenting the argument.  Nobody I know of advocates anything resembling what Michael now raves.
        Those who have gained power illegitimately, thru illogic, will foster illogic as a track-covering smokescreen.  The fad of incoherent power-plays has mainly been used by wimminsLibbers (I use one of their spellings), and most men have been humouring them, motivated by vague guilt.  All thru this few decades of delusion, decent women have stood out in many realms.
        I have always (more than anyone I know of) pointed to Ruth Hubbard, and the superb Dorothy Nelkin, as leading critics of GM.  My ref. no. 1 is often  Francine Simring's Science 192 940 (1976) (letter drawing the nuclear/GE analogy).  It is a dirty lie to accuse me of misogyny.  It is because I am pro-women that I point out the wreckage wrought by this ghastly ideology.
        Michael's drivel illustrates handily the main tactic of those who try to defend the indefensible ideology.  They routinely resort to personal insults and gross misrepresentations of the argument against "femin"ism, in order to avoid coming to grips with the facts on that ideology.

        Michael thus illustrates the role I mentioned

 Surrounded by buffer-zones of wimps, these harpies plunge on recklessly with error-strewn utterances ...

        Most listees will not recognise the politicians I list below (some of them pictured in the attached magazine cover), but should get the msg anyway.  Those listed are all notoriously incompetent &/or unjust.

        Journalist Geoffrey Cox, M.A. Otago, was a Rhodes scholar 1932, later chief intelligence officer for Gen. Freyberg, and then head of news for ITN, knighted 1966, rtd 1976.
        In 1934 he did a drop of 'reality journalism' in a Nazi volunteer labour camp.  On the way there from Oxford he visited Berlin.

from Encounter with Storm Troops, ch. 17
 in  'Eyewitness - a memoir of Europe in the 1930s'
                    U of Otago Press 1999
pp. 132-33
        ... a broad main thoroughfare ... it was nearly midnight - it was ill lit and there was no traffic.  Marching down the roadway, close to the pavement, was a detachment of some thirty or forty Storm Troopers, one of many such units which had been passing along the Berlin streets thoughout the evening, on their way to entrain for Nuremberg and the Party Rally.  As they approached the corner the three or four passers-by on the pavement turned and held their arms out in salute.  But I was determined to do nothing of the kind.  In what I realise must have seemed a deliberately provocative gesture, I thrust my hands in my pockets and stood, feet apart, at the kerbside.
        Murmurs rose from the marching ranks, and the squad leader called them to a halt.  Three or four men rushed towards me.  I pulled out my passport, and turned towards the leader, saying, 'I am an Englishman.'  As he bent down to look at the passport, I saw him give a swift signal.  Out of the corner of my eye two men detached themselves from the rear rank, and moved out of my range of view.  A moment later I was struck heavily on the back of the head.  I came to a minute or two later on the pavement, to hear the tramp of the squad marching on their way.  One of the onlookers picked me up and took me into a nearby chemist's shop, which was still open.  As the pharmacist staunched the blood from a cut on my scalp, the man who had helped me spoke in English.  'It's really only excessive zeal that makes these fellows do this sort of thing.  Wait until Mosley is in power in England and you too will appreciate what discipline and soldierliness really are.'  Then he left the shop abruptly, before I could decide whether he was speaking sincerely or sarcastically.
        I woke next day with an aching head, and a long but forunately superficial scalp wound.  I debated whether I should seek out the Times  correspondent and tell him my tale  ...

=====
        This is the inspiration for my going out to the international cartoon market asking for some cartoonist to create the following small cartoon strip:

                FRAMES  1 & 2

        A German street, 1934.  Visiting Kiwi student Geoffrey Cox [as recounted in his memoir; later Sir Geoffrey] stands at the curb as a well-drilled, grim, intimidatory Nazi goon-squad parades past.  Then Nazi fanatics smash him to the pavement for failure to make the Fascist salute at this squad.
        A German professor looking on remarks furtively to his friend:
          "These Nazis are getting out of hand.  What are we going to do about it?"

       His cobber draws himself up, aloof, and replies:
                "Nazis  -  what Nazis?  I don't know what you're referring to.  Indeed, your use of such an ofensive term strongly implies you're anti-German."

        FRAMES  3 & 4

        A New Zealand street, 2006.  An incohesive gaggle of grinning feminazis passes.  It is quite a large squad (if ill-drilled): M Waring, H Clark, H Simpson, Mrs Yates, J Fitzsimons, Fiddler Bunkum, Tom Pearce's daughter Sandra, J Shipley, S Cartwright, M Wilson, Ms H Fletcher CJ, K Poutasi, etc etc.   Protective wimp outriders smash the odd innocent indeed pro-women onlooker e.g G H Green, R B Elliott.
        Speech balloons above enthusiastic crowd: "Equality!  Diversity!  Tolerance!  Sensitive Noo Eege!"
        A Kiwi professor looking on remarks furtively to his friend:
            "These feminazis are getting out of hand.  What are we going to do about it?"

   His cobber draws himself up, aloof, and replies:
                "Feminazis  -  what feminazis?  I don't know what you're referring to.  Indeed, your use of such an ofensive, opressive term strongly implies you're anti-female."

              *   *   *

If these cartoons can get drawn, they could spread like anything on the infobahn.    Perhaps it will take a burst of publicity, 4 months later  ...   ;-) to bring feminazism into the disrepute it so richly deserves.