	I continue to bother with the flame-war powered by Ms C. H.
Pine, supported by Michael Balter, for the sake of uncommitted third
parties who have yet to speak up.
	The logic is, in outline, rather simple.

1.  I point out that criticism of GM has been, at least in the NZ
media, almost entirely stated by extremely ignorant persons incapable
of discussing the science.

2.  These operatives are, mostly, unqualified ambitious women seeking
publicity & power.

3.  If criticism of GM is, in the media, mostly by persons who are
very ignorant, or so sloppy that their utterances are too often
wrong, to bring GM under strict regulatory control will be much
harder.

4.  Fanatical vitriol-spewing hatemongers, notably Ms C. H. Pine, and
their front-wimps, contest none of the above.

5.  These ideologues assert that fact (2) proves I'm anti-women.

6.  To criticise PowerHarpies is equated to criticising all women.

	It's amusing that the following bundle of truth is inspired
by a famous utterance of my disreputable distant cousin.   The above
illogic results from obeying these commandments.

	The Ten Commandments of Political Correctness

Thou shalt:

    1.  Regard all racial and sexual minorities as sacrosanct and
refrain from any criticism of them.

    2.  Treat women as a minority, though they constitute 51% of the
population. [*]

    3.  Blame all society's ills on the white, heterosexual, male "majority".

    4.  Deplore all discrimination, unless it is specifically designed
to disadvantage the "majority".

    5.  Insist that the "majority" is by nature racist & sexist, and
devise ways to control its behaviour.

    6.  Ignore any comments by minorities about the majority, or about
each other, which might suggest that they too sometimes have racist &
sexist tendencies.

    7.  Place no importance upon truth, accuracy or consistency of
argument, for the next commandment makes these inconveniences
unnecessary.

    8.  Silence all dissenters with a system of legal penalties,
social vilification and ridicule.

    9.  Pretend that political correctness is simply about politeness.

   10. Rejoice in your moral superiority.

    * Note: The 51% figure relates to *all* females of all ages.
    Amongst the population of voting age women comprise in the USA
closer to 57%.
            In other developed nations the figures aren't too far different.
    ---

	The Ten Commandments of Political Correctness    by Don Bruce.
    These were published in the letters to the editor of The Sunday
Age newspaper on August 10, 1997.

===