continue to bother with the flame-war powered by Ms C. H. Pine,
supported by Michael Balter, for the sake of uncommitted third parties
who have yet to speak up.
logic is, in outline, rather simple.
1. I point out that criticism of GM has been, at least in
the NZ media, almost entirely stated by extremely ignorant persons
incapable of discussing the science.
2. These operatives are, mostly, unqualified ambitious
women seeking publicity & power.
3. If criticism of GM is, in the media, mostly by persons
who are very ignorant, or so sloppy that their utterances are too
often wrong, to bring GM under strict regulatory control will be much
4. Fanatical vitriol-spewing hatemongers, notably Ms C. H.
Pine, and their front-wimps, contest none of the above.
5. These ideologues assert that fact (2) proves I'm
6. To criticise PowerHarpies is equated to criticising all
amusing that the following bundle of truth is inspired by a famous
utterance of my disreputable distant cousin. The above
illogic results from obeying these commandments.
The Ten Commandments of Political Correctness
1. Regard all racial and sexual minorities as
sacrosanct and refrain from any criticism of them.
2. Treat women as a minority, though they
constitute 51% of the population. [*]
3. Blame all society's ills on the white,
heterosexual, male "majority".
4. Deplore all discrimination, unless it is
specifically designed to disadvantage the "majority".
5. Insist that the "majority" is by
nature racist & sexist, and devise ways to control its
6. Ignore any comments by minorities about the
majority, or about each other, which might suggest that they too
sometimes have racist & sexist tendencies.
7. Place no importance upon truth, accuracy or
consistency of argument, for the next commandment makes these
8. Silence all dissenters with a system of legal
penalties, social vilification and ridicule.
9. Pretend that political correctness is simply
10. Rejoice in your moral superiority.
* Note: The 51% figure relates to *all* females of all
Amongst the population of voting age women comprise in
the USA closer to 57%.
developed nations the figures aren't too far different.
The Ten Commandments of Political
Correctness by Don Bruce.
These were published in the letters to the editor of
The Sunday Age newspaper on August 10, 1997.