Re: New Life for a Discredited Treatment? (Vitamin C)

http://sciencenow.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/full/2008/805/2?etoc
New Life for a Discredited Treatment?
By Rachel Zelkowitz
ScienceNOW Daily News

<snip>

In humans, the concentration of ascorbic acid in the extracellular fluid normally doesn't climb higher than 0.2 millimoles.  But in other studies, researchers have injected humans with the same solution they gave the mice and increased vitamin C in the blood to more than 10 millimoles.

        I happen to be a fan of Pauling's 1968 idea, so this sloppy journalism annoys me.  What is presumably meant is concentrations of 0.2 / 10 millimole per L (abbrev. millimolar, mM).

RM