Thanks for posting this, Phil, I have also blogged about it at:

http://michael-balter.blogspot.com/2008/08/psychology-of-torture.html

I will not be back in Boston until 30 August, but I hope those in the area
will join in the protests Soldz describes at the very end of the piece. The
link for the APA convention, which is this week:

http://www.apa.org/convention08/

MB

Michael Balter
Contributing Correspondent, Science