That Rob Mann is a misogynist is not news to those who have been reading
his stuff off and on.  This serious flaw in his character and politics
does not deny that he has also contributed well-informed critiques of GM
and other stuff.  Racism, misogyny and homophobia are contradictory to
the stand and tradition of Science for the People.  Since we (or rather
Mike G) do not have the resources to examine his every contribution in
order to filter out his destructive and insulting trash,  it would be
appropriate to invite him to remain on the list only if he suppresses
his in-your-face misogyny.

Robert should examine how he himself does exactly the opposite of that
for which he commends Kendall.  He has used unscientifically gathered
correlations to determine cause.  That the growth of interstate highways
and divorce examined as time series beginning in the 50s through the 70s
show strong correlation is hardly the basis to conclude that highways
cause divorce.  That there is a marked correlation between the
misogynist trash appearing on this list serve and communications from
New Zealand is hardly the basis for concluding that New Zealand
scientists tend to be misogynists.  Calling attention to the necessity
that critics of GM including SftP maintain high credibility by well
founded and documented science is a positive contribution.  Maintaining
our credibility as a progressive, critical voice based on sound science
is indeed essential  For that reason we must deal firmly with insulting,
unscientific misogyny.

I recommend that one racist, misogynist or homophobic post earns a
warning to the poster.  Repeated racist, misogynist or homophobic posts
is an adequate basis to remove the poster from the list.
herb