The problem with this approach of filtering people out, or never responding
to them, is that it assumes that the SftP list is a closed shop with no one
new ever becoming a part of it. It also assumes that the archives and posts
of this list are not available to non-members, which is not the case either.
For members of this list to fail to respond to RM's misogynism in effect
tells readers of this list that this is acceptable behavior. This is why I
respond to many things, such as AIDS denialism, every time they come up: Not
to beat dead horses, but to establish for the record that there is
opposition to particular viewpoints on this list.

MB

On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 9:57 PM, Michael H Goldhaber <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> I myself have filtered out all of RM's posts for years. I only learn of one
> when someone else copies it. If everyone would refrain from copying or
> responding to the  visibly misogynist ones, that would help. If RN would
> refrain from posting such things, that would help even more. If he would
> only recognize that misogyny invalidates any good he might accomplish, that
> would be better yet.
>
> Best,
> Michael

Michael Balter