Dear Robert Mann,

You claim you are not misogynist, but your heavy and repeated attacks
on feminists seem to most of us on this list to fall into that
category. Women have been oppressed, most of us believe, for thousands
of years. Women's Liberation  is a movement against that oppression.
(You happen to live in New Zealand, a country that has perhaps gone
further than  any other in overcoming that oppression, at least in the
political sphere. I think most New Zealanders are proud of that, and
rightly so. But evidently, like the followers of Rush Limbaugh, you
are piqued by it. )

Like other arguments I have asked people on this list to refrain from,
yours against feminism is not going to persuade anyone, but merely
lowers credibility for anything else you do write. It also leads to
strong and repeated arguments to ban your writings. So, henceforth
please refrain from such comments on this list.  I have asked the same
of others on a variety of issues that probably are less offensive.
And please state publicly that you will so refrain.

I have become convinced that your failure to agree to this will force
me to place all your remarks in moderation, which is tedious for me,
and will be unpleasant for you, since your posts that are accepted
will be delayed, sometimes, no doubt, for days. Please spare us both
this annoyance.

On the other hand, if you do agree to refrain, I will stop personally
filtering your posts, and so will read what you do write. Maybe others
wold do the same.

Sincerely,

Michael
-------