I think this list could use a real scientific debate on whether the concerns
about GMOs that SftP first raised more than 30 years ago are still entirely
valid today. That would also be a way of getting past the focus on Robert
Mann's anti-woman attitudes and get to the substance of the matter. I have
not yet checked out this radio program, but I have an open mind on this,
even if Paddy's own comments seem simplistic and echo the corporate line on
the question.

best, MB

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 10:09 AM, Paddy Apling <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

>  Those still tied to attacks on genetic engineering and the European ban
> on GM foods should listen to the discussion begun today on BBC Radio 4
> Farming Today.
>
> Today's progtramme is available on the web at
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/news/farmingtoday/index.shtml, which for the
> next 7 days will give acces to the programme on "Listeb Again",
>
> British agricultural science establishments are currently reduced to
> operating "with one hand tied behind their back" by the current ban on
> genetic engineering in Europe.
>
> Non-scientists still refuse to udnerstand that all plant and animal
> breeding is, in fact, genetic engineering "with one hand tied behind the
> back".
>
> Paddy
> http://apling.freeservers.com

Michael Balter