Claudia Hemphill Pine wrote:

> Thank you, Herb.  Rob Mann's repetitious, irrational hatred for half
> the human species - the kind of pronounced and intentionally offensive
> hatred that inflames, encourages, and abets actual physical assaults
> on women worldwide - has been frequent on this list.  It most
> certainly makes every other person on the list - every other man, to
> be blunt - look as though they and the list *condone* and support such
> violence, in word, in thought, and in deed.

It has ben so long since I read one of Mann's posts that I had forgotten
what was the original offense that caused me to filter him. I think a
major ooncern is with the impression that browsers might gain from the
archives; otherwise merely ignoring him would (as Michael suggests) be a
solution. And of course, unsubbing him does not remove the large amount
of trash resting in those archives. Could some announcement be placed on
the archives noting the unmoderated status of this list for years and
the consquent appearance of posts incompatible with SftP principles?

Looking to the future; if/when a mass movement of the left once again
emerges, doubtless SftP or some 'offspring' would again become the sort
of activist group it was initially, in which case it would be well if
these archives could prove an aid rather than an embarassment.

Carrol