This is getting ridiculous. Wilson certainly made overtly sexist
comments ("... the genetic bias is intense enough to cause a
substantial division of labor even in the most free and egalitarian of
future societies. Thus, even with identical education and equal access
to all professions, men are likely to play a disproportionate role in
political life, business, and science"). And Mann's frequent and
gratuitous attacks on women who demand full equality are certainly
misogynist, no matter what theory underlies them.

Since he hasn't responded to Michael G.'s open letter, Mann should
simply be put on moderation. Claudia is right that some men on this
list apparently don't take the insulting comments and the hostile
environment it creates for women very seriously. Like some others, I
responded to Mann's outrageous remarks when he first started making
them several years ago and then I started filtering him. But Mann's
hateful posts make it more likely that new women who join the list may
quickly leave it.

--PG